Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm Excited But Not In Two Different Ways

Yesterday passed well and I was reminded that I can survive anything. Yesterday I worked on two papers I had due today and I hadn't finished but I needed sleep. I ended the night with a cigarette and a conversation with Jess before sleeping like a bloated panda in a field of bamboo. Woke up close to seven, got stuff together, and was in the student center, furiously editing my 9:30-due paper within half an hour. I provided as much extra information as I could and hauled ass to the FLRC (The Foreign Language Resource Center- or how I call it, the Flerk) to type it up, print it out, and haul my second ass to class to turn it in.

After that I went to the circle and was greeted by Graham who jumped out of his chair and said cheerfully, "I've got something for you!"

And handed me a stack of CDs, perfectly packaged in a plastic case in the shiny, delightful stack.
  • Astronautalis: The Mighty Ocean and Nine Dark Theaters
  • The Beatles: Let It Be, Sgt. Pepper's, Revolver
  • Cake: Fashion Nugget
  • The Decemberists: Her Majesty
  • Foetus: Hole, Deaf
  • Grateful Dead: American Beauty
  • Man Man: Six Demon Boy
  • Modest Mouse: The Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon and Antarctica
  • The Mountain Goats: The Sunset Tree
  • Neutral Milk Hotel: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
  • Of Montreal: Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies, Hissing Fauna Are You The Destroyer?, Satanic Panic in the Attic
  • Psychedelic Furs: Talk Talk Talk
  • Silver Jews: American Water
  • Sufjan Stevens: Come On and Feel the Illinoise
  • Tom Waits: Swordfishtrombones, Blood Money
  • T-Rex: The Slider
  • Weezer: The Blue Album
  • The White Stripes: Icky Thump
  • Velvet Underground &Nico~ Mix
I almost couldn't shut my gob.

Went tp the writing center to edit another TPS paper for 12:30. Double spaced it, printed it out, and hauled ass a third time to class. I was the second peron to perform and I NAILED my presentation. I used a chair as a prop and kept my audience engaged without breaking character. I was incredibly pleased with myself.
And on an alternative note relative to performance, I saw a poster for auditions for Spring Awakening on March 8th. I'm thinking I may audition and use Fiona Apple's "Shadowboxer" because that's the only sheet music I have that falls under alternative rock. I sincerely hope to get in because people make national touring companies that way all the time but I do have my realistic doubts. I'd love to audition for something other than a school production, though. Plus it's 11-Tony award winning Spring Awakening. Why the hell not?

This week will be busy but not as busy as last week where I couldn't sit down to think. I have no rehearsal today, have to summarize scenes 14-20 of Paris Je T'aime for class and I really wish we did a skit instead, have a compare/contrast paper on Pygmalion and My Fair Lady due on Thursday. But Thursday night, I may go to karaoke in Stockbridge with Scott, Kayna, and Rob. Then I get to drive the Moonlight Sonata to the Tabernacle for temple with Hannah and Regina! That's going to be an exciting show!

No comments: