Saturday, February 9, 2008

Confucius Say Six Year Old Boy Should Not Down Three Mountain Dew

Today was most excellent fun, first sarcastically and then in all seriousness.

My NyQuil didn't work last night so I woke up at 4:15 in the morning, hacking up organs that weren't necessary (appendix, spleen) and took the heating pad and Life of Brian downstairs to watch while I would sit in my semi-conscious stupor. I watched it halfway, then watched the news with Mom, Hannah Montana with Marceline, then watched View from the Top, which was cute and funny in a farcical type way and then I watched about half of Frankie and Johnny, starring the immortally gorgeous Michelle Pfieffer (who will never age) and the equally handsome Al Pacino (my mother thinks it unsettling that I like men over forty).

Then I got dressed up and drugged out so I could go outside after the quarantined 48 hours I spent in the living room to go to Meng Liuxi's house for the Chinese New Year Party.

I was mistaken to be Case's wife twice. That was grossly entertaining. But I met a nice, cute boy there who was visibly smart, social, geeky enough for me, and had a good sense of humor. Oy, if only he were Jewish...but I digress. I ate lots of food, shmoozed alot, coughed a lot, blew my nose a lot, and smoked a little to find that my body could take it.

We played Mah Jong and I am a beast at that game. My only problem is that I can't count in Chinese so the character numbers were a tad confusing but I eventually memorized some of them, which helped me win about 4-5 games. I want my own set now. It's much better than rummy.

Hopefully tomorrow will be eventful as well. I hope Audrey actually calls me, arranges transportation, and can get that photoshoot done. Maybe I can get some free headshots out of this! Or at least cheaper ones.

A tout alors!

No comments: