Wednesday, January 16, 2008

There's No Business Like Snow Business

It's snowing!
It's snowing!
It's snowing!

I forgot how much I love the frozen water that falls out of the dreary sky. I often say that I hate it but I find that dancing in it is as liberating as smoking in front of my parents. I cannot wait to make an angel and pelt frozen, firmly packed balls of slush at my friends.

Today was eventful. It was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey (the mascot of the Libertarian party) and I got to walk around in it for about an hour. I learned that my collarbone vibrates when I do my voice exercises. I got to play a lesbian in my Performance Studies class. I also learned that a clove cigarette is called "un guave," which could definitely be the wrong spelling of it.

There is a potential snow day tomorrow, although, living in Georgia, I'll probably be alerted of it at around ten when my only class is at eleven.

Today is a good day. I'm hanging out at Scott and Kayna's with a bunch of other friends and am enjoying myself despite the guilt my mother layed on me earlier for not being considerate and mindful of my stepdad's birthday tomorrow and not volunteering to help out. But Kayna's going to help me make him a cool gift. I'll probably make him a computer god of some sort. Something Pratchett oriented.

I need ideas for writing a play. If someone stumbles upon this, give me a word, a color, a place, an object, something that I can use to write a scene that could turn into something bigger. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Bonne nuit!

No comments: