Sunday, January 13, 2008

Eat This Bagel- I'm Not Jewish

I had quite the Sabbat Shalom Saturday today, filled with frugality and shmear on a bagel.

I began my day at about 9 and am currently running off 6 h0ours of sleep, as most piss-poor college kids are want to do. I putzed around on the computer for a couple of hours, typed a paper for my English class, and plucked some strings for a bit. Then I called Jess to see what she was up to. She was free for the day so I decided to hang with her for a few hours and pick up some bagels for my mom.

We hauled ass to East Cobb and sat in Sabbath traffic by Etz Chaim (local synagogue) to go to the closest Einstein's. I go in there and order my half dozen bagels and my personal toasted everything bagel with smoked salmon shmear. Eating those makes me look like a truck but they taste so good so the guilt just melts away.

We head to the adjacent Caribou Coffee where I find a Christmas travel mug for $4.50 (score- wholesale!). So I go up to the counter and look the very cute barista in the eye and say, "Do I get a free cup of coffee with that?"

I see my total go to $4.77.

Either he found me equally adorable, found Jess' girlish giggle appealing, or I'm just a damn good con-artist. Either way, my feminine wiles got me a free Turtle Mocha for which I am eternally grateful.

Headed off to local Old Navy where I purchased a plaid shirt that for some reason made me think of Hyde off That 70s Show for about $6.00. Another well bought thing on my part and made me feel quite thrifty.

Until next time if I don't die tonight, adieu adieu to you and you and you.

No comments: