Friday, January 18, 2008

A Hammer Makes a Pretty Sound

I have a wretched cough. It sounds like I'm expelling my organs. It's lovely. I woke up to find it this morning. I suppose it doesn't help that I have a very dusty room.

We got the piano tuned today and that took a lot longer than I thought it would. But it sounds wonderful, resonant, and on pitch now. I got to borrow the tuner's guitar tuner to tune my guitar and now I really want one. Anyone want to buy me one? They're like $25. I would love you and give you my first born anklebiter!

I cleaned my room and sorted my albums. I found a slew of CDs my dad gave me that I have never heard of but at the time didn't have the heart to get rid of them. Now that I'm a cold vicious person, I can. I did get to listen to a Pretenders album he gave me and it's really catchy so that's a keeper.

I determined that my research paper for this semester will be on Sweeney Todd and the story's impact on the horror industry. The story's been around for over 100 years because it was published in some magazine back in the late 1800. And then Stanley Holloway recorded the song "Sweeney Todd the Barber" (my first introduction to the tale) in 1956. And then some guy made it a play and Stephen Sondheim took the play and made his smash hit musical back in the late seventies. Then nearly thirty years later we have Johnny Depp playing this completely vengeful, vindictive villain cast vicariously as a victim with a vendetta against Judge Rickman. Delightful, delicious, delovely but that's Cole Porter. I am completely psyched about this paper. I get to watch old movies and read different stories. It's a beaut!

I also talked to Adrian today. After three weeks of utter, thumb twiddling silence. I do not expect our relationship to be saved but as the world's fence-sitter, I could seriously go either way. I do tire of fighting to keep my head up and putting forth effort into something that eats it and shits it out on my shoes. But I do hope that something good happens. Maybe I don't want it to end. I suppose I am a masochist. Kayna will murder me. I love him, I want him back, I want my independence, I want to be able to be myself around him. I want my assertion and confidence back and I think I can seriously put effort towards myself because the results will be much more rewarding.

I believe that be it. Fare thee well!

No comments: