Friday, March 14, 2008

Who Watches The Watchmen?

I once again have that deep remorse for not regularly updating my blog as I promised myself I would. Unfortunately, and I say this as a devout Mac user, even the iMac has problems with some programs. That's why mine has the handle in the back so you can attach a chain and use it as a boat anchor.

Since my last post, the break that was Spring occureth and vanishèd like a belch in the fishbowl I spent an abundance of that time with Chris, Jessica, and Mike playing cards, watching movies, and going to different churches. I went to one in Town Lake that was called Embassy Metro Church and it was in a movie theatre and in the foyer of the theatre, they gave out mints, donuts, and coffee.



It was pretty snazzy and interesting, straight and to the point. I wouldn't go on a regular basis, obviously because I myself and more one for going to Temple but also because sometimes Christian music gets a little on the repetitive, happy side and my music needs to be more diverse and have something earthy to it. But I liked it just the same.


I also learned how to drive Professor Brüno, my 1989 manual transmission white Found-On-Road-Dead/Fix-Or-Repair-Daily pick-up truck with no AC or gas gauge, and shitty speakers. But I now drive him around on my own and it's a little weird now at first because I'm very accustomed to having someone in the car with me. I do rather like the alone time, however, because I can sing as loud as I want to while driving.

Last night I cashed in my rain check to hang out with Willy Mystik (my friend Brandon who is legally changing his name to that). We listened to oodles of Oingo Boingo, I tried gin, and we conversed about life, despair, happiness, and religion outside of Barnes and Noble. He mentioned Watchmen, a comic that he and mutual friends Hollis and Graham both liken to a better Bible, and I have been wanting to buy it but I am poor as the VH1 celebrity has-beens. I also went to that same store the other day and they were out of copies. We walked around the store for a while and he found it and showed it to me, then stated, "I'm going to buy this for you. You have to read it." Obviously, it's incredibly life affirming and eye opening. I just finished the second chapter today and am really enjoying it. I can only hope it gets even better.

As for today, I have driven quite a bit. I paid a visit to my friends at Kell and was literally floored when I saw Addison because he ran to hug me and next thing I knew, we were lying on the carpet. He kept me abreast of all the social drama in Kell drama and I pitched that everyone should come see Moby Dick and me in a fat suit. Mr. Hicks then asked me, "Are you the whale?"

It was good to see everybody and I felt slightly nostalgic but then was unbearably happy to get out of there. Sometimes high school is too much.

I am going out to celebrate my declaration of independence by imbibing Waffle House liquid crack with Lisa later on tonight. I haven't seen her in quite some time and could use some girl time.

No comments: