Thursday, March 27, 2008

S for Showstoppa!

Big wheels keep on turning as my life and my time on the computer seem to muddle together into one miniscule congealed blob. I have enough time to have a basic social life but it does not necessarily entail time in front of a screen. For this, I continue to feel the guilt because blogging is something that brings me joy and, regardless of people reading it, it provides closure for me.

I feel this week has been a balance as most of my weeks are. I saw Avenue Q on Tuesday and it was a fantastic show. All the songs I've listened to for the past two years now make even more sense with the addition of puppets and actors. Although, there were a lot of geriatrics in the audience and that made me giggle. I'm sure quite a few old folks are hip but it is still very amusing to see them attending such a racy show. I sincerely thought there would be more twentysomethings.

Rehearsal is coming along very well. I have now tried on my costume twice. I am in a fat suit, so that's part of my Moby Dick advertising: Not only is it a great show but you get to see me in a fat suit!
I will have ginormous tits, hips, backfat, and a bustleesque ass. I told that to fellow castmate Brianna and she asked, "Can I sit on it?" To which I retorted, "It's a bustle, not a saddle."

Hopefully on my next fitting, I will bring my camera and take risqué photos of my costume because it is totally worth posting!

I have a rather eventful day on the morrow. Dentist appointment at 8 in the morning (which I wish was much later but alas), then I pick up Chris, rehearsal for run through, and then I haul Bruno's ass to Decatur for the Atlanta Storytelling Festival so I don't fail my Performance Studies class. I'm pretty psyched about the show because I get to see my friend Scottie perform. I found out, also, it was cheaper to go Friday night because I can work my feminine wiles to tell the box office people that I'm a member of the ATML mailing list and pay $8 instead of the actual $15 because I'm that cool as an actor. I want to go Saturday, though, since my castmates Andrew and Dru are performing and they're really good storytellers. Many of my castmates are part of the KSU Tellers and they'll all be performing at the festival, which makes me even more supportive and inclined to go to all performances. Alas, I am not rich (my parents are) and cannot go back and forth to fucking Decatur for performances. *sigh* I will definitely be auditioning for the KSU Tellers next semester based on everything I've heard about them. It will help out with me writing and getting involved in other genres of theatre.

But I look forward to going because not only do I get to see my friends perform but Chris is going with me so I don't have to drive alone in the dark and to a place I have no knowledge of. That's pretty cool. Plus it's always nice to have a buddy along for these types of things.

I have lots of papers to write and they will all nibble on my ass cheeks if I don't go do them.

À plus!

No comments: