Sunday, March 23, 2008

Church of England, Flight 537

Happy Easter. Happy birthday Rob. And happy belated birthday Walter Kovacs.

I once again have not been as diligent with updating as I promised myself. So in order to gain more readers, I am going to put the ultimate hook line down in bold lettering and I guarantee it is a true story. Ready?

I got to explain what the taint is to my Performance Studies professor.

That is correct. We were reading our poems out loud from the textbook and Brennan, a friend of mine, had chosen to present "Blue Ball Blues" by Jonathan Williams, which goes a little something like this:

O, Mr. Chemist, please let me buy
350 pounds of premium Kentucky KY

cause it's a dry season,
for the reason

Anglo-Saxon sex glands
Are awry…

Arise, arise, and come
to Perineum

("the more you come,
the more you can")

Let not your Sword sleep in your Hand
And we shall smear Petroleum
On England's Groin
& Pleasant Gland!

Karen (Robinson- my professor) analyzes the context of the poem. Just listening to stating with such passion and conviction that the speaker wants to have an orgasm sends me into a torrent of internal giggles. But then she asks what the "Perineum" is. Nobody knows except for me. I tell her the most eloquent, literal, anatomically correct response and she sort of gets it but nobody else gets it. Then I get slightly flustered and say "It's the taint!"

And of course now everyone gets it. Karen's confused and we explain why it's called the taint and she laughs. I love seeing scholarly people dip their toes in the gutter. It makes them seem normal.

And on some additional happy (albeit not as exciting for you) notes, I have tried on my fat suit costume for Moby Dick. I've got extra tits, extra, ass, extra hips, and backfat! I may actually turn into a whale.

Yesterday I went to Rob's for his birthday and laser tag.


It was one awesome day.




/\
Rob is the most pathetic birthday boy I have ever seen.



Digressions:
I also finished Watchmen on Friday morning. It is an awesome comic that I'm going to have to read again. I may reread Hitchhiker's Guide as well for giggles. I don't remember a lot of it.

And I'm toying with a few ideas, the main one being me getting a job that would cater to my ridiculous schedule. I'd like to make some money so I can buy crap and gas to feed Bruno. I may give the waitressing thing a shot.

Adieu until next Sunday I suppose. It seems I update then.

No comments: