Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Opening Night of Bald Headed Activist Musician-Slang For Man's Genitalia

Opening night was last night and it was fantastic. We have endured six months of grueling physical rehearsals conducted by Hylan, linguistic perfecting from Dory, and the mastering of motives and aspects of our characters from Dr. Gentile. I have never felt the exillerated in any production. Just to be a part of a project that was over four years in the making, the tweaking, the commaraderie, the new friends I made, the goals I have set for myself, and the overall leviathan of what I have learned during this process is character building and irreplaceble.

And to think that I have only five more shows to do before we sweep away our mandala of whiteness. Its ending is bittersweet because, yes, I will have time to myself to get a job and hang around but I won't be around the best guys ever. I love being the girl in a group full of guys and the only girls in cast were me, Brianna, and Whitney. The guys really make the show what it is and I am so happy to have all of them be a part of my life. I hope to know them better in the future.

Et si le garcon mignon qui est dans l'ensemble avec moi quitte sa copine, je vais etre plus heureuse!

I blanked on a line during dress rehearsal the night before so I was nervous about it but I was perfectly fine and gave Mrs. Hussey the best run I think I've ever done. My towel dropped out of my apron and sat on the rake for a couple of scenes but other than that the production was smooth. That was minor in comparison to the millions of hazardous things that could have happened.

In other events, next Tuesday I will be auditioning for The Glass Menagerie, and sometime next week will also be auditioning for Steel Magnolias, both plays I did in high school. Hopefully I get into one of them. I should also be concentrating on getting a job. I won't say anything for fear I'll jinx myself.

Break my legs for me!


No comments: